India, with a small percentage of active participation in the stock market, often overlooks the vast potential residing in the unlisted domain. Also, the unlisted market landscape in India might be dominated by a few familiar names, but it holds a wealth of opportunities. From healthcare giants and aviation leaders to financial powerhouses, these unlisted companies boast remarkable growth potential. Unlisted shares are those company shares not listed or traded on any recognized stock exchange.
Let’s look at some of the top unlisted shares companies of India in 2023
1) Serum Institute of India (SII): Spearheading Healthcare Innovation
At the forefront stands the Serum Institute of India, under the leadership of Adar Poonawalla. Recognized as one of the pioneers in launching COVID-19 vaccines in the country, SII not only contributes significantly to public health but also holds a formidable position as India’s most valuable unlisted company.
Brief Financials (₹ crore):
- Total Operating Income: Noteworthy growth from ₹7,201.00 (2021) to ₹25,646.00 (2022) and a partial decline to ₹5,513.00 (H1FY23).
- PBILDT (Profit Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortisation): Substantial increase from ₹4,256.00 (2021) to ₹17,562.00 (2022) followed by a decrease to ₹2,595.00 (H1FY23).
- PAT (Profit After Tax): Significant growth from ₹3,890.00 (2021) to ₹11,116.00 (2022), with PAT for H1FY23 not available for comparison.
- Interest Coverage: A substantial increase from 98.98 (2021) to 254.52 (2022), followed by a decrease to 47.07 (H1FY23).
2) Chennai Super Kings Cricket Limited
Established as a subsidiary of India Cements, Chennai Super Kings Cricket Limited has transcended the boundaries of sports. Beyond the cricket field, it enjoys considerable popularity, primarily due to the success of the “Chennai Super Kings” in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Despite a nuanced decrease in net profit, the company’s robust revenue growth positions it as a compelling entity in the unlisted market.
- Revenue increased by an impressive 37.7% YoY, with a commendable CAGR of 226.52%
- Net Profit experienced a dip of 20.3% YoY but showcased a resilient CAGR of 137.84%
- Operating Profit Margin stands at a noteworthy 14.48%
3) National Stock Exchange (NSE)
In the competitive realm of stock exchanges, the National Stock Exchange (NSE) emerges as a powerhouse. Benefiting significantly from the outperformance of Indian stocks during the COVID-19 pandemic, NSE’s dominance in stock derivatives and its exceptional operating margin of nearly 80% EBITDA make it a standout choice among unlisted shares.
- Revenue Growth: Increased significantly from ₹8,873.79 cr to ₹12,765.36 cr, showcasing an impressive growth of 44%.
- Profit After Tax (PAT) Growth: PAT witnessed a commendable increase from ₹5,198.29 cr to ₹7,355.99 cr, reflecting a substantial growth of 41%.
- Earnings Per Share (EPS) Growth: The EPS experienced a healthy increase from ₹104.95 to ₹148.58, marking a growth of 42%.
- Operating Income Growth: Operating income surged from ₹8,313 cr to ₹11,856 cr, demonstrating a robust growth of 43%.
4) Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL)
Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) has not only solidified its position as a crucial gateway for travelers but has also etched its mark as a noteworthy entity in the unlisted market. The financial metrics for 2022 and 2023 paint a compelling picture of growth, resilience, and strategic vision.
- Profit after Tax witnessed an astronomical surge of 922%
- Gross Revenue (Turnover) exhibited a robust growth of 84.1%
- Operating profit experienced an astonishing growth of 838.2%
5) Care Health Insurance
In a sector gaining increasing prominence, Care Health Insurance emerges as a notable player, showcasing substantial growth and financial strength. It is part of the Religare Group and a direct subsidiary of Religare Enterprises.
Care Health Insurance’s financial performance demonstrates robust growth across various key metrics, indicating a strong position in the health insurance sector. The significant increase in gross premium, net profit, and total net worth showcases the company’s resilience, effective business strategies, and ability to capitalize on the growing demand for health insurance services in the market.
- Gross direct premium increased by an impressive 32.5%, reaching ₹5,141.52 Cr in FY23
- Net profit skyrocketed by 2,042.5%, reaching ₹245.84 Cr in FY23
- Current share price: Rs. 150; Market capitalization: Approximately 14,000 Crores
6) Hero Fincorp Limited
Founded in 1991, Hero Fincorp Limited has emerged as a stalwart in the non-banking financial sector, providing loans to customers who are unable to obtain traditional banking services. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company has established a robust network with over 4000 retail financing touchpoints across the nation.
Hero Fincorp’s recent financial performance reflects a solid recovery, showcasing a net profit of INR 480 crores. This marks a substantial rebound from the previous year’s loss of INR 192 crores. The company’s performance metrics paint a picture of resilience and strategic growth.
- Net Interest Income (NII): INR 3,546 crore, up 38% YoY
- Total Revenue: INR 6,448 crore, up 34% YoY
- Assets Under Management (AUM): INR 28,050 crore, up 27% YoY
- Loan Disbursements: INR 20,300 crore, up 25% YoY
Please note: The financial information provided above is based on the available data and sources as of the specified periods. It is important to note that financial markets are dynamic, and the presented figures may vary due to market fluctuations, regulatory changes, or other unforeseen factors. Investors are strongly advised to exercise due diligence, conduct comprehensive research, and seek professional financial help before making any investment decisions.
Investing in unlisted stocks is made simple: Rurash Financials is your trusted partner, offering guided investments and risk mitigation. Benefit from a dedicated wealth custodian, transparent price discovery, and easy valuation insights.